If you can’t decide between pancakes and cereal, hop aboard the pancake cereal wagon. You’ll have seen this all over TikTok and Instagram, but this recipe has more protein and uses a sugar substitute to deliver the same flavour with some bonus benefits. This comes in at about 10g protein per portion. This recipe makes enough pancake cereal for four servings, and they reheat well enough to be saved for a few days. Serve with Greek yoghurt or vegan bacon strips for even more protein, or they even make an alternative for those endless snacks like crips or popcorn when you need a movie-watching hands-busy option.
- Combine the flour, oats, stevia, and baking powder completely. Add in the eggs and mix together until all egg liquid is gone. Slowly add in milk, stirring until mixed. Add in the vanilla, and whisk until as smooth as possible.
- Pour into a squeezy bottle (an old ketchup bottle or similar is ideal), and form small circles of pancake batter into a frying pan. A non-stick pan should not require oil and will give the pancakes an even golden colour.
- Once small bubbles form, turn over and cook on the other side. Once golden all over, set on kitchen paper so they don’t get soggy while you cook the remaining batter.
Serve with toppings of choice. Try:
- Stewed apples and cinnamon
- Bananas and zero syrup
- Grilled peaches and honey
- Yoghurt and cacao nibs
- Mascapone and berry compote
- Mixed frozen berries and icecream for a healthy dessert