Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 30 mins
2 1/2 cups flour or 2 cups chickpea flour1 ¼ cups water
¼ cup ground flaxseed
1 tsp ground turmeric
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 medium courgette, sliced
2 large tomatoes, sliced
1 red onion, sliced
3 cloves of garlic, chopped finely
A generous sprinkling of sea salt and black pepper
1 tbsp avocado oil
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C, or 160°C for a fan assisted oven.
2. Add the oil tio an ovenproof frying pan over a low heat. Add the onion and cook until soft and lightly browned.
3. Add the sliced courgette and tomatoes in a layer over the onion. Allow them to cook for a few minutes to just soften. Flip and cook for 2 minutes more.
4. Add all the other ingredients (except water) to a separate bowl and combine together well.
5. Add the water and whisk together to create a batter.
6. Pour the batter to completely cover the vegetables.
7. Place the plan in the oven and cook for 20 minutes until golden brown.
8. Flip pan onto a plate to remove and serve.